Featured News

03/26/2015 Shoppers Eagerly Welcome The Mall of San Juan
Caribbean's dominant new shopping destination debuts with more than 60% unique-to-market retailers and restaurants Thousands of Puerto Rico residents and visitors were the first to shop The Mall of San Juan during its grand opening today. The island's first upscale shopping center features a singular collection of retailers, more than 60% of which are unique-to-market and the Caribbean's only Nordstrom and Saks Fifth Avenue . The 650,000-square-foot shopping center was developed through a partnership between Taubman and New Century Development, Inc. "The Mall of San Juan will elevate the shopping experience in Puerto Rico by offering everything from the most sought-after luxury and contemporary brands to incomparable dining and entertainment," said Robert S. Taubman , chairman, president and CEO of Taubman Centers. "We're excited to welcome so many local residents and tourists to what I believe is the most beautiful mall in our portfolio." Added Luis Rivera Ortiz , president of New...
... More

Latest News

04/18/2015 Michigander A. Alfred Taubman Passes Away at Age 91
Taubman Centers, Inc. (NYSE:TCO) Taubman Centers, Inc. founder A. Alfred Taubman joined his sons Robert and William on March 26, 2015, at the grand opening of The Mall of San Juan. Robert S. Taubman, Chairman, President and CEO, Taubman Centers, Inc.; A. Alfred Taubman, founder, Taubman Centers, Inc.; William S. Taubman, Chief Operating Officer, Taubman Centers, Inc. (Photo: Business Wire) Taubman Centers Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer Robert S. Taubman this evening sent the following message to all Taubman employees: I have some very sad news to share with all of you, my father passed away this evening here in Bloomfield Hills. This company and all that you stand for were among the greatest joys of his life. Just last month he was in Puerto Rico to celebrate with us the grand opening of The Mall of San Juan. He was so proud of what this wonderful company he founded 65 years ago has accomplished. Tonight, after dinner in his home, a heart attack took him from us,...
... More
04/16/2015 Taubman Announces Ownership Increase in The Mall of San Juan
Company now owns 95 percent of the Caribbean’s dominant upscale shopping destination Taubman Centers, Inc. (NYSE: TCO) today announced the acquisition of an additional 15 percent interest in The Mall of San Juan (San Juan, Puerto Rico), bringing Taubman’s ownership in the center to 95 percent. The additional interest was acquired at cost. New Century Development, Inc. will retain the remaining 5 percent interest in the project. “We’re pleased to have worked with Taubman to develop the center and see our vision for The Mall of San Juan come to life,” said Luis Rivera Ortiz, president, New Century Development . “As we work to bring New Century's adjoining hotel/casino and office towers to fruition, we believe that disposing of a portion of our interest is the right capital allocation decision.” “We are very happy to own 95 percent of this terrific asset,” said Robert S. Taubman, chairman, president and CEO of Taubman Centers. “The center debuted on March 26 to much excitement and has...
... More
04/09/2015 Michael Fenley Named General Manager of International Market Place
Reimagined shopping, dining & entertainment destination set to open in August 2016 HONOLULU -(BUSINESS WIRE)- Shopping center management veteran Michael Fenley has been named general manager of the new International Market Place currently under construction on Kalakaua Avenue in the heart of Waikiki . In this role, Fenley is responsible for operations, retailer and community relations and marketing for the center. Michael Fenley , General Manager, International Market Place , Waikiki, Hawaii opening August 25, 2016 (Photo: Business Wire) A long-time Taubman executive, Fenley brings more than 30 years of experience to his new position. Most recently, he served as general manager of Sunvalley in the San Francisco Bay Area where he oversaw the multimillion-dollar renovation and remerchandising of the center. Prior to that, he served as general manager for six Taubman-owned super-regional shopping centers in Connecticut , Michigan , Nevada and California . “The revitalized...
... More

Image Gallery

View all images


Video Gallery

View All Videos

Email Alerts

Email Address *
Mailing Lists *
















Twitter Feed

Social Media Disclaimers

Latest Media Events and Presentations

Contact

  • Investor Relations

    Barbara Baker

    Vice President, Corporate Affairs & Investor Relations

    bbaker@taubman.com

    T: (248) 258-7367

  •  

    Ryan Hurren

    Manager, Investor Relations

    rhurren@taubman.com

    T: (248) 258-7232

Contact

Back to top
TCO 73.65
Change+0.55(+0.75%) Volume: 474,070 April 24, 2015